Saturday, July 14, 2018

United States Marine Corps, New Canaan Police Department, and Coaching Football

Once I get a license and a waiver, I will be enlisting in the United States Marine Corps. I want to join the Marine Corps is because that my dad was a U.S. Navy Officer and Diver. He graduated from the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland. And the Naval Academy trains Navy and Marine Corps Officers. I also had an uncle on my mom’s side who enlisted in the U.S. Navy as a Submarine and Destroyer Radio Man. And I had 2 uncles in the U.S. Army. And an uncle in the U.S. Air Force during the Korean War. So I would be he first Marine in my entire family. I want my Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) to be an 0311 which is an Infantry Rifleman. The reason I want to be an Infantry Rifleman is because the Marines live by an ethos. “Every Marine is first and foremost a Rifleman.” And the Infantry Rifleman see a whole lot of combat in the world and America's the most deadly and fierce combat weapons. They never surrender and are hard to beat in a gunfight. Marines have been winning our nation's battles since November 10th, 1775. The Marine Corps Battle Cry is Battles Won. The ultimate reason on why I want to join the Marine Corps is because they are known as the world’s finest fighting force and one of the greatest rewards of serving in the Marines is that there’s no such thing as ex or former Marines, Once A Marine. Always A Marine. Semper Fidelis Always Faithful.


After the Marine Corps, I then want to go back to my hometown, New Canaan, Connecticut and join the New Canaan Police Department and Coach Football. I want to be a Police Officer because my grandpa was a Volunteer Firefighter in Central Valley California, my mom’s cousin’s husband was a FDNY Firefighter, my 2nd cousin is a Firefighter and an EMT in Englishtown, New Jersey. I also have a 2nd cousin who just graduated Roger Williams University School of Law and is now a lawyer and a 2nd cousin who is current at Creighton University Medical School getting her degree in being a doctor in childhood cancer. I want to be either in the SWAT Team or K9 Team, and be a School Resource Officer at New Canaan High School. I also want to coach my Varsity Football Team as either an O-Line or D-Line Coach. I will also continue to volunteer with my youth ministry at St. Aloysius Roman Catholic Church in New Canaan. I always and continue to be a friendly guy in my community.

No comments:

Post a Comment