Saturday, July 28, 2018

How do I want to be remembered?

When I die, I will likely go to heaven. I have done a lot of good things in my life. I have been baptized, received reconciliation and communion, and got confirmed in the Roman Catholic Church and was in my Church's Youth Ministry. I was also an active athlete growing up who played all kinds of sports in New Canaan, Connecticut but focused on Football, Wrestling, and Lacrosse when I got to New Canaan High School. I was a multi star athlete for the Rams. I would then go on to the  LAUNCH Program in New Canaan. While on a 2 year plan, I had internships that I had at NCHS that included working at New Canaan Fire Co. No. 1, Baldanza Cafe, New Canaan Parking Commission, New Canaan Library, and Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 653. After a 2 year plan at LAUNCH, I would enlist in the United States Marine Corps as an 0311 Infantry Rifleman and would see combat around the globe. After 4 years in the Marine Corps, I then served as a SWAT or K9 and the NCHS School Resource Officer for the New Canaan Police Department. I was also a O-Line or D-Line Coach for the New Canaan Varsity Football Team. I would continue to volunteer at St. Aloysius Roman Catholic Church with the Youth Ministry.

I want to be remembered as the accomplished Football player, Wrestler, and Lacrosse player, the tough United States Marine that never surrendered and defeated the enemy, the Police Officer who would always protect you, the Football Coach that was dedicated to changing player's lives, and most of all, the believer in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment