Friday, July 27, 2018

My More Professional Bio

Let's start from the beginning, shall we?

My name is Myles Baliotti and I am from New Canaan, Connecticut. I grew up an athlete that played all kinds of sports but focused on Football, Wrestling, and Lacrosse at New Canaan High School in New Canaan, Connecticut and am currently training to see playing time this year since it's my senior year. After I graduate, I am going to the New Canaan Public School's LAUNCH Program to continue to work at my current internships.. One at New Canaan Fire Co. No. 1, one at New Canaan Library, and one at New Canaan Parking Commission. I hope to get one at Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 653. I also enjoy being involved with Youth Ministry at St. Aloysius Roman Catholic Church in New Canaan. I come from a family of 1 brother and 1 sister and my mom and dad. My brother, Jed plays Ice Hockey at Berkshire School in Sheffield, Massachusetts and is a USA Hockey National Development Goalie. My sister, Celia does gymnastics and currently training to be a competitive gymnast and goes to New Canaan Country School. My mom, Kate is a retired Fashion Designer, Parsons School of Design Graduate, and was an accomplished Basketball player at Sir Francis Drake High School in San Anselmo, California. My dad, Marc works in Private Equity at GSO Capital Partners and Blackstone Group, United States Navy Veteran, United States Naval Academy Graduate and accomplished Rugby player, and was an accomplished Swimmer at New Canaan High School. My brother Jed and I are 1 year apart and almost share the exact same interests and desires. When I grow up I'd like to serve in the United States Marine Corps. I want to serve in the Marine Corps because my dad went to the Naval Academy and served as an Officer and a Diver in the U.S. Navy, and the Marine Corps is a Department of the Navy and the Naval Academy trains Navy and Marine Corps Officers. My uncle Brian was an Enlisted U.S. Navy Sailor and served as a Radio Operator on Submarines and Destroyers, both my Uncle Dan and Uncle Vinnie Falotico served in the U.S. Army, and my uncle Vinnie Speziale served as a U.S. Air Force Airman during the Korean War and I have the utmost respect for all their services. But the main reason is that no one in my family was ever a Marine and I would be the first Marine in the Baliotti and McCarthy families. I want to enlist as an 0311 Infantry Rifleman so I can continue the Marine Corps Rifle Tradition and see combat around the globe. After the Marine Corps, I want to become a SWAT or K9 and the NCHS School Resource Officer for the New Canaan Police Department. The reason I want to be a Police Officer is because my uncle who was a Radio Man in the Navy was also a Corrections Officer at a California Penitentiary and guarded Charles Manson. My grandpa, my mom's cousin's husband, and my 2nd cousin were all Firefighters and an EMT. One for Central Valley Fire Department in California, one for the New York City Fire Department in New York, and one for the Englishtown Fire Department in New Jersey. My 2nd cousin became a Lawyer after graduating from Roger Williams University School of Law in Rhode Island. My 2nd cousin is getting her doctorate's degree to becoming a doctor in childhood cancer at Creighton University Medical School in Nebraska, my 2nd cousin is interning for the Stony Brook University Dietitian Program in New York, and my 2nd cousin is a Lifeguard at a Surf Club in New Jersey. I will also be the O-Line or D-Line Coach for the New Canaan High School Varsity Football Team and continue to volunteer at my church.

My family on the bottom

Image may contain: 5 people, people sitting and indoor

No comments:

Post a Comment