Monday, July 23, 2018

Holidays my family celebrates and our traditions for them

As you know, my family is a Holy Roman Catholic family. My dad, Marc Baliotti is Italian Catholic and my mom, Kate McCarthy/Baliotti is Irish Catholic. So that means me, my brother, and sister are Italian and Irish Catholic. So the Holidays we celebrate are Thanksgiving, Christmas, St. Patrick's Day, and Easter. We celebrate those Holidays with our cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents. We have a normal Thanksgiving Dinner and since I play on the New Canaan High School Rams Varsity Football Team, we play in a Football Game on Thanksgiving called the Turkey Bowl against our dreaded rival, the Darien High School Blue Wave Varsity Football Team. And it's our tradition to bring the Sikorski Trophy and FCIAC Championship home on Thanksgiving, and considering how good my class is probably going to be this year, I think we can do it. And then afterwards, we go to my grandparent's house for Thanksgiving Dinner with our cousins, aunts, and uncles. For Christmas, it's basically celebrated from midnight of Thanksgiving to December 25th. And during Christmas Season, It's State Football Playoffs. We're hoping to play for and win the Class LL State Championship over Darien again. And on December 14th, it's my birthday. So I basically get double Christmas. On December 24th, it's Christmas Eve. We go to Church at St. A's at 5:30 and then go to whoever's house is hosting. We also celebrate with cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents. We eat fried seafood and have feast of the 7 fishes. On Christmas Day, we go downstairs and open the presents from Santa and we go to whatever house is hosting. We are also Italian and Irish so we celebrate St. Patrick's Day in honor of our Irish Heritage. We eat corned beef and cabbage and Irish Soda Bread and adults drink Guinness and Smithwick's Beer. We also check to see if the Leprechauns came to our house. Usually they do. They leave our property with candy and Irish merchandise. On Easter, we go egg hunting at my house and collect the baskets the Easter Bunny left us. Then we go to Church and whatever house is hosting. Holidays are awesome!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment