Friday, July 27, 2018

Interests and Desires

I take a careers class at New Canaan High School with Mr. Joe Ditolla. He teaches me and my classmates about employment out there and teaches us how to properly work at the job. He sends his students with internships out into the community. As a newly transferred student last year, I was supposed to start out with a job inside school and it was to go into the NCHS Library. But that changed when Mr. Ditolla, my case manager Ms. Hammond, speech therapist Ms. Mahon, and job coach Ms. Cottrell noticed my level of independence was at an all time high and that my job skills were at an all time high. So then I became the first new student to work out in the community. I worked at Baldanza Cafe, New Canaan Library, New Canaan Parking Commission, and now I work at New Canaan Fire Co. No. 1. I hope to intern at the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 653. I even work in the Ramazon School Store with my Careers class to get extra work time in.

One of the things that we went over in Careers class is interests and desires. I am going to explain what my interests and desires I pursued and the interests and desires that I'm in the process of pursuing.

1. Sports (Football, Wrestling, Lacrosse) Pursued one and in the process of pursuing the others

2. Youth Ministry Pursued

3. Military (U.S. Marine Corps) in the process of pursuing

4. First Responding (New Canaan Fire Dept. and New Canaan Police Dept.) Pursued one and in the process of pursuing another

5. Coaching (Football) in the process of pursuing

No comments:

Post a Comment