Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Traditions titles and rewards

I have many traditions with my sports teams, holidays, and family

Sports team wise: The program I play for at my high school, New Canaan Football has a tradition of winning with Connecticut State Titles, FCIAC Titles, and Turkey Bowl Titles all due to Head Coach, Lou Marinelli and former head coaches Joe Sikorski and Bob Lynch. And is one of the most storied programs in the Northeast U.S. Region. And we hope to continue that tradition starting in 2 weeks. New Canaan has a good Wrestling program with currently 2 of the best wrestlers in the country. New Canaan Wrestling will help me condition better and I hope to win lots of matches. New Canaan Lacrosse is a storied High School Lacrosse program on the east coast. With a lot of Division 1 players coming out of this program, they have had won a lot of State and FCIAC Titles. I hope to continue that tradition in Spring of 2019.

Thanksgiving, I play in the Turkey Bowl vs rival Darien and have a Turkey dinner with my dad, mom, brother, sister, cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents.

Christmas, I go to church, open presents from relatives and Santa Claus and eat dinner with my dad, mom, brother sister, cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents.

Easter, I go to church, but I first hunt the house for Easter eggs and baskets from the Easter Bunny. Then I do an Easter egg hunt with my brother, sister, and cousins. and eat dinner with my mom, dad, brother, sister, cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents.

Rewards I hope to earn this coming school year.

I hope to win the Kevin John "Jack" Dempsey Football Academic Award for New Canaan High School. Kevin John Dempsey, better known as "Jack" was a student athlete at New Canaan High School. He excelled at Football and Wrestling. The September 11th Terrorist Attacks in the U.S. intrigued Jack to pursue his lifelong dream of serving in the United States Marine Corps. He was a fearless leader in combat and saved his fellow Marines when they found a buried bomb with a cell phone attached to it. He saved 7 Marines but was killed in Fallujah Iraq when an enemy detonated the bomb killing Dempsey and another Marine. The New Canaan Turkey Bowl MVP Award is named in his honor and a Football Academic Award too.

When I start working at Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 653, I hope to win one of their academic awards too.

Titles I hope to earn.

This Athletic Season at New Canaan High School, me and my Football Team are working to win the Connecticut Class LL State, FCIAC, and Turkey Bowl Title, I maybe hope to win at least an FCIAC Title in Wrestling, and me and my Lacrosse team will work to win the Connecticut State Class L and FCIAC Titles.

I am currently on the journey of earning the title of United States Marine.

I am also on the journey of earning the title of being a Police Officer.






No comments:

Post a Comment